Tuesday 31 March 2009

European Gymnastics Championships Predictions

These are my predictions for the top 8 qualifiers for each of the finals at the upcoming Europeans (not in any order):

All Around
Ksenia Semenova, Ksenia Afanaseyeva, Ana-Maria Tamirjan, Lia Parolari, Becky Downie, Youna Dufournet, Marine Petit, Kim Bui. (Other possibles: Sandra Izbasa, Diana Chelaru, Vanessa Ferrari, Marta Pihan-Kulesza, Yana Demyanchuk).

Vault
Aagje Wallaghem, Ariella Kaeslin, Youna Dufournet,Becky Downie, Diana Chelaru, Yasmin Zimmerman, Yulia Berger, Kim Bui.
Bars
Ksenia Semonova, Beth Tweddle, Anastasia Koval, Youna Dufournet, Anja Brinker, Becky Downie, Paola Galante, Vanessa Ferrari. (Other possibles could be Lia Parolari, Lieke Wevers).
Beam
Sandra Izbasa, Ksenia Semenova, Youna Dufournet, Marta Pihan-Kulesza, Ana-Maria Tamirjan, Lieke Wevers, Vanessa Ferrari, Yana Demyanchuk. (Other possibles: Gabriela Dragoi, Ksenia Afanaseyeva, Marine Petit).
Floor
Sandra Izbasa, Beth Tweddle, Ksenia Afanaseyeva, Ana-Maria Tamirjan, Youna Dufournet, Kim Bui, Kristina Goryunova,Becky Downie. (Other possibles: Yana Demyanchuk, Naomi Ruiz)

Personally I hope Becky Downie wins the All Around because I'm British, but if not I want Sandra Izbasa to win if she does 4 pieces if not maybe Semenova. For vault I think Kaeslin will win but I hope Dufournet performs well enough for a medal in vault, bars or floor. I want Beth Tweddle to win bars but I'm not sure about her consistency and handstands! So maybe Koval or Semenova will win but there are lots of possibilities. The Beam final will probably come down to consistency so I think a Romanian will win or Semenova. As long as Izbasa hits on floor and is in better shape than at Jesolo I think she should win but there will be other contenders like Bui, Tamirjan and the Russians if she makes mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment